Modern Slavery Statement
Our business, Flat Glass Solutions, is committed to combating slavery and human trafficking in its business and supply chains, and we make this statement to assist with compliance with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. As our business has a turnover of less than £36 million, we do not have a legal obligation to produce a modern slavery statement. However:
- We agree that exploitation within all supply chains ending in the UK is a blight on our society and we are committed to playing our part in eliminating exploitation;
- We understand that customers with obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 cannot comply with those duties without our cooperation.
To that end, we confirm that we have examined our own business and, to the extent that it is reasonably practicable, businesses within our supply chain and we confirm the following:
- We confirm that within our own business, no relevant offence relating to slavery or human tracking has been committed.
- We have made enquiries of businesses that supply directly to us and we are confident that no relevant offence is committed in that business.
- Insofar as it was reasonably practicable, we have examined our supply chains and confirm that we found no evidence of slavery or human trafficking.
Further details about our business and supply chain are provided below.
- Our business involves being the specialist distributor and agent for flat glass processing machinery in the UK and Ireland. We are partnered with companies in Europe and the Far East to offer the best solutions for glass processing equipment needs while offering key advice to suit every application.
- Our business structure is unsophisticated and only employs two staff – a Managing Director and an Administration Assistant.
- When required for installation work, we use Bona Fide Sub Contractors (BFSC) who meet and match our own employment standards. We collaborate with new and existing OEM and our customers sharing new and innovative equipment, and at the same time grow our own customer base.
We operate in the following countries: England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
Our supply chain is as follows:
- Our Original End Manufacturer's (OEM) are responsible for sourcing, preparing and assembling components and parts as required for each machine as well as preparing, packing and loading as required for shipping and transport.
- We sell the finished product to end users as a distributor or agent for our OEM.
- We install the equipment, if necessary, using BFSC.
We understand that certain industry sectors and geographical regions entail greater risk of exploitation than others. We do not believe that our supply chain is in one of those sectors.
Where it is reasonably practicable, we ensure that businesses in our supply chain have made a similar statement relating to slavery and human trafficking.
The person in our business responsible for assessing matters relating to slavery and human trafficking is David Cahill (Managing Director).
We also encourage all employees to report on any matters relating to slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains of which they become aware.
FLAT GLASS SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Issue 1 Rev 2 [Jan 21]